As promised, I wanted to talk a little more about headaches today. This has really been an interesting subject to me that has received a lot of feedback. It does seem to me that many of my friends, family, and patients do suffer with a bunch of headaches. So what can you do about them? I think the first thing that you have to do is to consider how to prevent them. I am going to start with a fairly basic list. Let's get some feedback and see what happens. If you want to prevent the onset of a migraine you should consider:
As promised, I wanted to talk a little more about headaches today. This has really been an interesting subject to me that has received a lot of feedback. It does seem to me that many of my friends, family, and patients do suffer with a bunch of headaches. So what can you do about them? I think the first thing that you have to do is to consider how to prevent them. I am going to start with a fairly basic list. Let's get some feedback and see what happens.
If you want to prevent the onset of a migraine you should consider:
We now have the conversation going. I was asked today as to what is the best way to avoid cholesterol medications. I think that this is a wonderful question. I wanted the writer to post it on the blog so we could get rolling with the conversation.
As part of my Functional Medicine Fellowship, I have been exposed to an entirely different way to view medicine. I am a staunch believer in medicine and the miracle of healing. However, I was frustrated with my own approach and treatment plan in my own medical condition. That is why I started looking.
The backbone of all of our steroidal hormones such as progesterone, cortisol, estrogen, and testosterone is cholesterol. There are some major problems when we try and lower cholesterol to a preset number, or a on-size-fits-all number. In studying the patterns of cholesterol, research proves, as published in the prestigious journal Circulation that the real laboratory test of health risk including cardiovascular disease is the triglyceride to HDL ration. The HDL is the healthy cholesterol. The function of HDL is to gather loose cholesterol and keep it from harming the blood vessels. Triglycerides are a combination of sugar and fat. When this ration, the triglyceride to HDL ratio is high, this is predictive of a 1600% increased risk of a cardiovascular event. These are the types of events that we do not want to go to.
50% of the people that present to the emergency room with a heart attack have a traditionally normal cholesterol panel. The difference is the size of the cholesterol. One of the best tests to look at cholesterol size and therefore risk is the nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. This is a relatively new test that looks at the size of the cholesterol molecule. If you can imagine a tube. In this tube are really dense, small particles that are banging off the sides of the tube. Also in the tube are cotton ball sized particles that are soft and fluffy. Which of the particles do you think would cause the most damage to the tube? You are right on! It is the small particles that are banging into the walls of the vessel that are causing the most damage.
What can you do to reduce your risk?
- Start with 7-8 hours of sleep a night
- Eat whole foods--dark green vegetables, orange vegetables, low-glycemic fruits
- Shop at the perimeter of the store and avoid the aisles as much as possible
- Read your labels. This is a huge error in the American consumer
- Take 3000 mg of Omega 3 Fatty Acids per day
- Take a potent Multivitamin (Essential unless you eat entirely organic and live in a toxin free environment---no place like this on earth)
- Drink at least 64 ounces of purified water a day
- Avoid sweeteners and pop
- Reduce your risk of insulin resistance.
- Balance your hormones
- Reduce inflammation in your body--isolate your food sensitivities
- Know your Vitamin D level -- should be between 60-80 ng/dl
- Exercise to the best of your ability, strength first, cardio second if over the age of 35
- Know your thyroid functions
- Eat fiber, bowel health is essential
- Reduce your stress
- Rest and Enjoy your life
- Variety is the key to life. Different protective substances, or phytonutrients, are in different vegetables and fruits. Expose yourself to as many healthy phytonutrients as possible.
- Reduce your saturate fat intake. You don't need red meat daily. In fact, limit yourself to one to two servings per week.
- Three servings of vegetables and two servings of fruits daily. Go for Color!--deep green and yellow orange is ideal!
- Eat lots of fiber. Most people eat only 10-15 grams. You should have 45-55 grams per day.
- Limit food preservatives and smoked foods, including charcoaled, grilled, or broiled meats--this creates free radicals.
- Avoid being overweight or obese.
- Reduce alcohol to no more than 1-2 servings, at most, per day.
- STOP smoking! Don't chew tobacco
- Move your body-exercise, intention movement of your body outside of daily living or work activities
- Take your Essential Nutrients. Everyone MUST have Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Calcium, and an excellent multivitamin.
Achy and stiff joints? Dry and flaky skin? Cracked, soft and brittle nails? Maybe its time you took the 30 day challenge to improve your health by simply adding one supplement into your diet.
Hello. And Bye.
Written by XRumerTest 18 Hours Ago
How to Avoid Cholesterol Lowering Medications! (Blog)
Written by cialis.com 2017-04-27 09:27:27
My Own Blog (Blog)
Written by cialis online 2017-04-27 09:24:57
30 Day Challenge to Change Your Oil (Blog)
Новая информация о компьютерном железе www.hardexpert.net
Written by Ismaelhes 2017-04-25 13:56:51
Top 10 things to decrease your cancer risk (Blog)
check out this [url=http://onlinecasino-b.com/]online casino[/url] where you can conquer legal…
Written by Jasonsop 2017-04-23 12:44:03
30 Day Challenge to Change Your Oil (Blog)